#AcademySocial is a recognition event that celebrates social content, digital media and marketing innovation by Canadians. Now in it’s third year, #AcademySocial will shine a light on the incredible talent and achievements made by social and digital media innovators. Presented by The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television as part of Canadian Screen Week 2016, the event highlights new technologies, bridges digital media and marketing and will recognize industry leaders and new stars.
#AcademySocial voting is now closed.
Winners of the 2016 #AcademySOCIAL will be announced live at the event on March 10th 2016.
You can still view the nominee’s work by clicking their image in the polls below.
- Nominations begin January 19th.
- You can nominate any creator or content until February 16th at 11:59 PM EST
- Finalists will be announced February 22nd and you can vote for your favourite until February 28th at 11:59 PM EST.
- Winner’s of the 2016 #AcademySOCIAL will be announced live at the event on March 10th 2016.
Criteria Group 1
- Demonstrates an ability to produce content that resonates with audiences and establishes a relationship of trust between creator and viewer.
- Presents content with an individual voice and personal style that sets them apart.
- Has demonstrated an ability to create content with a directive (i.e., can produce content driven by a brand) without losing their authenticity.
Criteria Group 2
- Demonstrated an ability to create brand driven content that reached a wide audience and maintained their authentic channel voice.
- Generated channel revenue
- Partnership elevated profile of creator and brand collectively
Or, if you want to nominate something just because you think we’ll like it? Go ahead! We love being introduced to great content we haven’t seen before.
- Quality and originality of content
- Number of nominations and votes
- Must meet all criteria from either Group 1 or Group 2
- Engagement with audience
About the Academy | www.academy.ca | The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television is a national, non-profit, professional association dedicated to the promotion, recognition and celebration of exceptional achievements in Canadian film, television and digital media. Unifying industry professionals across Canada, the Academy is a vital force representing all screen-based industries.
About the Canadian Screen Awards and Canadian Screen Week | www.academy.ca | The Academy’s Canadian Screen Awards is the annual awards show to celebrate the best in film, television and digital media; they are part of Canadian Screen Week (March 7 –13, 2016) and the 2-Hour Broadcast Gala will air LIVE at 8pm (9 AT | 9:30 NT) Sunday March 13, 2016 on CBC.