What. A. Weekend.
I was in Toronto for a training weekend which consisted of a 200 KM long ride, a long run with a Toronto run club and an overdue brunch and a coffee date with some friends.
I saw some leaves turning colours on my way to work today and although I am sad to say good bye to summer, it also means that fall race season is coming up which is my favourite of them all! I needed to miss it last year because of stress fractures and it makes me so excited to go into this year healthier and stronger than I have ever been!
I have some big plans for this season, but first, I wanted to look back on my goals for August:
1. Have a blast at Transrockies. A++ If I could give higher points for this, I would. You can read my recap here if you missed it, but seriously. It was the highlight of my year so far.
2. Volunteer A+ – I met with Ontario Shores this past month. I am volunteering in PR for them to help advocate for adolescent eating disorder awareness which is something I am so passionate about. Keep a look out for partnership and blogs coming up!
3. Celebrate my mum – A++. Even though I was out of country for her actual birthday, we threw her a HUGE surprise party at my childhood home and had all of her closest friends there. She was so happy.
4. Meet one of my internet best friends. A++
5. Go on the longest bike ride of my life. A++ This weekend!
What do I want to do in September?
1. Lower my pH. Seems like a strange goal but I am partnering with Goodness Me! and Genuine Health to take a 21 day challenge to lower my body’s pH. I will be measuring it daily, while increasing my greens intake as well as my greens +. I regularly take their protein and omegas but I have been slacking on the greens intake this summer and this is the perfect challenge for me. I will be checking in every Friday of September with an update on this.
2. Stretch and Core. Another challenge because I might as well, right? I have been slacking on the stretching and core work and I want to build 10 minutes into my day in September where I do foam rolling, stretching and core maintenance. I will bring it up on Fridays as well!
3. Get everything moved into my new apartment. I am moving tomorrow but I will have a bit of a journey to get everything the way I want it. I am purging some old things I don’t need and redecorating. I’ll give you all a tour when I am done!
5. Train for Wilderness Traverse – This is my 24 hour adventure race with Team Ripkin that I will be competing in on the first weekend in October. To do well, I want to increase my mountain biking and spend some time nailing down my paddling technique. With over 35 miles of paddling a canoe in the race, I know I need to make sure I work on upper body strength and make sure I am strong.
6. Prep for a work event – Twice a year, we are overwhelmed at work with a huge event with thousands of people. I will be in Public Relations overdrive and I have so much to prepare for. I will be increasing my time at work this month so I want to make sure I am as efficient as possible.
What is up for you this month?
What was the biggest thing that happened in August for you?
Have you ever tracked your pH?