One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is all the delicious food. I love eggnog, sugar cookies, turkey dinner, pumpkin pie and all the rest.
But when all the feasting is over and January brings reminders of resolutions for healthier living, I need inspiration to switch gears.
So when the folks at POM Wonderful® asked us to share one of their healthy recipes, I thought perhaps you too would enjoy this reminder to select fresh, nutritious ingredients as you prepare for entertaining guests at New Years celebrations and as you plan your January menus.
My mouth was watering as I browsed the many stunning recipes on the POM Wonderful® website.
Among all the photos, this recipe for Couscous Salad really caught my attention.
I’m definitely going to try this…
Author: Chef Sammy Marsh
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 cups arils from POM Wonderful Pomegranates (or 2 cups POM POMS Fresh Arils)
- 1½ cups Israeli couscous
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced1 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 2 cups arils from POM Wonderful Pomegranates (or 2 cups POM POMS Fresh Arils).
- Place couscous in a bowl with 1½ cups of hot water.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let set for 10 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and toss gently.
- Add vegetables and cilantro; mix to combine.
- Add cranberries, arils and lemon juice; salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently toss and garnish with crumbled feta and sunflower seeds.
Pin for Later
Recipe and samples provided by POM Wonderful®
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at http://pinterest.com/5minutesformom/